Sunday 19 January 2014

Leighton Denny nail polish review

Ok, I'll admit it - I'm a bit of a nail polish junkie. I have over 80 nail polishes in my drawer and that was after I got rid of a whole load when I moved house. 

Now over the last few years I have been a Nails Inc gal through and through, never buying any other brand because I truly believed that Nails Inc was the best you can buy. The colours are beaut, the finish is immaculate and it lasts without chipping for AGES.

However before Christmas I had an OPI manicure, and OMG wow. My nails didn't chip for over a week, which never happens to me even with Nails Inc. 

It was like a lightbulb in my brain suddenly lit up - how could I have been so tunnel-visioned for this long?! There was only one thing for it.. I had to go shopping! 

So last week I went to Peter Jones and headed straight for the nail polishes. I had to get OPI (obv), but I also decided to buy a Leighton Denny nail polish in Lilac Lust because the colour was just so gorgeous.


The good points about Leighton Denny:

  • It dried amazingly quickly. If you're one of those people who can't sit still for more than 5 min, this stuff is for you!
  • The colour is nice and strong. I always like to put on 2 coats (and a base and top coat), but you could get away with just one with this polish.
The bad points:
  • Sadly my nails chipped after just one day. Ok, so I did do some cleaning and cooking during that day, but even so I had hoped it would last a bit longer.
So would I buy it again?
At £11 a bottle, this stuff ain't cheap. But I like how fast it dried - I can see it being really useful when getting ready in a rush on a night out or before a special occasion. So yes, I would. 

Anyone got any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment