Monday 20 January 2014

Favourite Lip Balms

Lip balm is very much a girl thing. Boys, in my opinion, don't really *get* why we need to carry one around at all times and spend half our lives applying it (or is that just me?!)

I love lip balms possibly more than any other beauty product (versial I know). Therefore I thought I would share my top 5 lip balms that I use a lot.


They are:

  • Rodial Stemcell Super-food Glam Balm Lip
  • Vaseline Rose lips
  • Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for lips
  • Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and Pink Punch
  • Benefit Dr Feel Good Buffing Lip Beads 
First up, Rodial's glam balm. At £19 its on the high end of what I would normally pay for lip balm. However with its gorgeous rose scent that's subtle but not overpowering and its glossy finish, I think its worth the money. It has a thick texture which spreads easily, so a little goes a long way. I'm not sure it really plumps up my lips as it claims to, but after trying some hideous plumping balms that turn my lips on fire, I think thats a good thing!
Ok everyone's seen Vaseline, its nothing new. In fact the cute case its in, with its useful little mirror, has been around for a while too. But I couldn't leave it out of my favourites because its just so darn good! Lovely colour, lovely texture, keeps my lips lovely and soft. At £1.99 I also don't mind if I accidentally lose it! Little gem :)
Dr Lipp's Original Nipple Balm for Lips was a surprise find from Birchbox UK. I've been a subscriber to Birchbox for 6 months now, which I love but will save the details for another time. I got this as a tester a couple of months ago, and initially found it quite hard to get out of the tube as the texture is very thick. However it is undoubtably my favourites lip balm of all - I put it on before bed and each morning my lips would be so smooth. I got very chapped lips this winter, and I definitely think this product helped to heal them sooner than any other. At £11.50 its fairly expensive, but this little tester tube lasted a long time so I think you would get your money's worth from a big size tube.

These are a pretty new purchase, having seen a lot of people rave about Maybelline's Baby Lips. I am now also a convert - I love the shine that Peach Kiss leaves on my lips, and the Pick Punch colour is really cute for Spring. They're like lip glosses but much more moisturising. Ok, they don't give a great payoff colour-wise, but actually that suits me because then you don't have to phaff around with mirrors and getting it on your teeth. The smell is also the best out of my top 5 lip balms, fruity and sweet but not too overpowering. At £2.99 each, they are definitely great value for money.
Lastly I've included Benefit's Dr Feel Good Buffing Lip Beads. Yes, its not a lip balm, although I used to have the matching lip balm which I've now lost. I've also noticed that its been discontinued (Boo!) I get very dry, chapped lips, so I love the idea of exfoliating my lips especially if I'm going to be wearing lipstick. The beads are nice and thick to get good exfoliation, although I did have to wash them off afterwards (which you're not meant to have to do). I'm going to have to find a different brand of lip exfoliators now - I'll let you know how I get on. If anyone has any ideas, they would be very welcome :)

Thanks for reading :)
Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment