Tuesday 28 January 2014

Cleansing combo I've been testing and loving... Naobay cleansing milk and Rodial Stemcell day cream

I made a beauty product testing error last week. I started using two new products at the same time, and now that my skin is looking better than it has in ages I'm not sure which product to laud. So I'm going to talk about both.

As I've already mentioned in other posts, I used to suffer from bad skin and even as I've got older my skin has never really been what I consider to be "good". But every so often I stumble across new products (mainly thanks to Birchbox UK) which make me go "wow" after seeing the results on my skin.

Last week was one of those times. 

The two products I tried out are both from Birchbox UK; the Rodial one was in my January box, and the Naobay one is from December.
Naobay Moisturising Milk Cleanser
I tried this once very quickly when I first got it in my Birchbox, and to be honest it wasn't love at first use. I don't really like the smell (although it is a very weak smell), and I made the mistake of dampening my face with water before putting it on, which meant it was too runny and didn't cleanse properly. 

The next time I used it, I put it straight onto dry skin and massaged it in. It rinses off with warm water very easily, and I use Elemis Balancing Lavender toner afterwards to get rid of any excess residue (although I don't do this every time - it felt ok to leave it too). I've used the cleansing milk morning and night for the past 4-5 days and I've changed my mind about it - its very gentle and my skin is looking pretty good now. 

The retail price is £12.95 which I think is pretty reasonable as well, so I'm seriously considering getting the full size version.

Rodial Stemcell Super Food Day Cream
I only got a tiny tube of this to test, but so far its lasted 4-5 days which is pretty good. Like the Naobay product, when I first applied this I wasn't that impressed. The cream is very thick, which I don't usually like for my oily/combination skin. However it sunk in fairly quickly and the results surprised me. 

There's an almost pearlescent look to my skin after using it - it looks brighter and healthier straight away. The website says "instantly illuminates skin while reducing redness and imperfections", which is exactly what it does. This stuff is truly amazing! 

The downside is the price - £42 for 50ml is a lot. But I'm kind of thinking its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment