Wednesday 22 January 2014

This month the body lotion I am loving is.. Rhodes to Heaven

To be a good body lotion, there are several things the product MUST have/do:

  • Gorgeous smell - but not so strong that its all I can smell for the next few hours
  • Quick absorption - no flapping about in the morning freezing to death in my underwear while I'm waiting for it to dry
  • Actually work - I want my skin to be noticeably softer/smoother if I'm going to go to the effort of putting lotion on
I've tried hundreds of different types of body lotions over the years and found many that I like, but I still can't resist trying out new stuff.

Rhodes to Heaven Revitalising Body Balm
I was given this body lotion for Christmas by my bf's parents as part of a set with the Rose and Geranium Shower Gel. I'd never heard of Rhodes to Heaven, so I was excited to try something new.

Basically, I love it. The smell is fresh and fruity. The texture is quite thin and spreads easily over the body, which also means that it dries quickly. My skin was lovely and soft after just a couple of days of use over Christmas. 

The downside: It seems to be disappearing quite rapidly! Maybe I'm using too much (it says "use sparingly" on the website). But at this rate it would've only lasted a couple of months, and I haven't been using it a lot either. At £26 for the 200ml bottle (which is the one in my pics), that doesn't seem to be very good value.

My verdict?
I would definitely recommend this body lotion, as it does everything I want a body lotion to do. A bit on the expensive side considering it doesn't seem to last that long, so maybe keep it for special occasions rather than as an everyday lotion. But overall, a January favourite :)

Thanks for reading :)
Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment