Saturday 25 January 2014

Wash-off-with-water mascara

I went out with some girlfriends this week and the topic of conversation turned to make up - what single piece of make up could you not leave the house without?

My past self would always have chosen foundation, because as a teen I suffered quite badly from acne. Most girls however chose mascara and/or eyeliner (it was hard just to pick one!)

During our discussion on mascara, I discovered that very few of the girls had heard of mascara you don't need eye make up remover to take off! I was shocked because this has been my staple mascara for a long time. It looks exactly like all mascara, and so many companies do them that you can have your pick of applicator and colour. 

To take off, you just use hot water - I usually rinse my thumb and first finger in hot water then squeeze my eyelashes, repeating until the mascara comes away in my fingers. Its great if you have sensitive eyes, and its also good to avoid wrinkles because you don't need to rub the delicate eye area.

My first wash-off-with-water mascara was from Clinique - Lash Power Mascara Long-wearing formula. I used it a lot as a teenager because the brush is very skinny so gives a good "no make up" effect.

I then branched out into other brands but my current favourite is from No.7: Stay Perfect Long-lasting volume, in brown/black. Because you can only get it off with hot water, it really doesn't smudge and I'd say its actually impossible to get panda eyes. The brush is really nice - its bendy and has small spikes to really separate the lashes (but not in a painful way!). Its £12.95 in Boots but as they are always giving out vouchers for No7 products, you can easily get it for under a tenner. 



Thanks for reading :)
Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment