Sunday 16 February 2014

Birchbox February 2014

Hurray! Its Birchbox time! 

This is my 7th month as a Birchbox subscriber - I had an amazing deal for the first 6 months and, after that expired and I had to pay the full amount, I wasn't sure if I wanted to subscribe again. But looking back at what I'd received, I really have found some great products. So I've got another 6 month subscription now (they gave me 2 free boxes when my old subscription finished so how could I not?!)

Anyway let's get on with it shall we?
From left to right I got:

  • Gilchrist & Soames - The London Collection Shower Gel. I've never heard of this brand but it smells gorgeous!
  • Beauty Protector - Protect & Oil - I've really been getting into using oils, so I've very excited to try this! I've used other hair products from this brand and loved it so I have high hopes.
  • Green & Blacks - Dark 70% Chocolate - I've already eaten this. 'Nuff said.
  • Leighton Denny - Maneater. Black nail polish scares the hell out of me, so the name is pretty apt! See below for a more girly take on black nails..
  • Urban Veda - Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish. I've tried this product before, I think it came in a Glossybox once. From what I remember its ok, but nothing to write home about. Maybe I'll change my mind once I've tried it again.
  • Eyeko - Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. I'm not generally an eyeliner girl, but I tried this out as soon as I opened my box and this is a good one! See below for my flick-y eyeliner look..
Highlights of my box
I am totally a nail polish girl, but when I saw the colour my heart dropped. I've never been into black nails and I don't think I'm going to change my mind any time soon! But I wanted to try it - after all, isn't trying news things what beauty boxes are for? - so I teamed it with pink sparkles (Nails Inc Nail Jewellery Pink Diamond) to give it a more girly feel.
The result? Actually I really like it! I want to try it with silvery crackle effect top coat as well. Thanks Birchbox!
The other highlight is the Eyeko liquid eyeliner. I don't normally have a steady hand when I do eyeliner, but this was so easy to get a thin line on the bottom lash line. Also I was impressed that it didn't irritate my eyes, as I often have that problem with eyeliner. The flick-y eyeliner look has been seen quite a lot in LFW, so I may have to start using eyeliner again!

So that's it! Roll on next month..
Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment