Sunday 16 February 2014

Nail disaster!

As part of my birchbox UK post yesterday I painted my nails with the black Leighton Denny polish I received (Maneater). I did nothing out of the ordinary - I used Nails Inc base coat (Kensington Caviar) followed by 2 coats of black, followed by a cost of pink glitter (Nails Inc Nail Jewellery), followed by Nails Inc top cost (Kensington Caviar). The results, I thought, looked pretty cool. Even my bf commented on them.

But alas this morning disaster has struck. My index finger has all but peeled off and and thumb is not faring much better. 

So what went wrong?! Was my base coat passed its best (I've had it for several years now)? Does nail polish "go off"? Was it the Leighton Denny's fault? Or was it the glitter which reacted badly with the polish?!

I don't know. But now I have chipped black nails on my way to work. Sigh. I guess I better start fixing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment